50 Hour Rocket Teacher Training
LEON LONDON | 1st MODULE: 21-25th SEPTEMBER 2020 | JERUSALEM
2nd MODULE: TBD
This Training is the second Rocket TT in Israel and will be the perfect immersion into Rocket Yoga!
This time around, the training will focus on a strong inversion practice, as well as the Rocket 2 sequence. For returning students – this training will provide the tools to become a Rocket Teacher 🚀
The training will take place in the new Sira Yoga Studios, in the heart of Jerusalem.
MODULE 1 (21-25th September)
– This module will take place at Sira Yoga and ZOOM
Because of Entry restrictions, Leon will be teaching this module through Zoom (projected in the studio), while Maayan will be teaching in the Studio.
Every day will include 2 Rocket Classes, 1 Workshop / Asana Clinic. Prepare to be challenged in a fun and supportive Environment and to take your practice to another level!
MODULE 2 (Dates TBD)
– This module will take place at Sira Yoga
We will finish the training with a 2 Days Rocket immersion when Leon can enter Israel!
All the drills, workshops, storytelling and community building with Leon London.
- Learn to teach Rocket 1 and Rocket 2 classes
- Exploration into Rocket 3 (Happy Hour!!)
- Handstands and Arm- balances Workshops – breaking down the techniques and drills for Arm balances, handstands and transitions
- Learn the three faces of the practice (modification, classical and creative variation)
- Adjusting / Assisting – Learn to effectively assist the foundational postures as well as the more advanced Asanas
- Mat Markings – How use mat marking as an alignment aid, tailored to your body and practice
PHILOSOPHY & HISTORY
- History of Rocket yoga – Legacy of Larry Schultz, the lineage of Krishnamacharya and Pattabhi Jois in Ashtanga
- Usage and meaning of Mantras – Opening chants of Ashtanga’s lineages
- Powerful and evocative mantras to incorporate into teachings
- Introduction to the Yoga Sutras
- Yamas and Niyamas in daily life – A guide to yoga off the mat
PRANAYAMA & KRIYAS
- The Four purifications – we will look in detail at this powerful morning Pranayama sequence, used to purify and cleanse body and mind
- Using the Mala beads as meditation and a Pranayama tool
- When and how to apply Pranayama in personal practice and teachings
- Ashtanga Pranayama
The Training is open to students with a strong Asana practice, as well as teachers who want to learn how to teach Rocket Inspired classes. We are very excited to see the Rocket Yoga community becoming international, and this training is aimed at getting more teachers and students from around the globe to incorporate the Rocket in their Personal Practice and teachings.
Come and become a part of The Rocket community!
This is an official Rocket TT endorsed by Baba Rocket (AYP)!
*The training will count towards a 50 Hour CEU through Yoga Alliance
**This training will take place regardless of COVID restrictions.
In case COVID interferes with international flights Leon will lead the training via ZOOM, and we will project him live in the Studio. Maayan will be in the studio physically and co-teach.
If there is another Lockdown, the whole program will move to ZOOM.
Example Daily Schedule
9:30 – 11:00am – Rocket Practice
11:00 – 12:00pm – Lecture
12:00 – 1:00pm – Teaching Tools
1:00 – 2:00pm – Lunch Break
2:00 – 4:00pm – Clinic / Workshop
4:30 – 6:00pm – Evening Practice
Early bird- 2600₪ / 585£
Regular – 2850₪ / 650£
* Discount: Sira Yoga members and Leon’s returning students receive an additional 50£ discount
Pay the Registration Deposit 630₪ / 150£
Module 1 – 1370₪ / 300£ (Pay by Sep. 15th)
Module 2 – 600₪ / 135£ (When dates announced)
This Training Includes:
A Rocket Teaching Manual
50+ Hours of classes and lectures with Leon
** The Tuition does not include flights and accommodations
* The Practice Manual by David Swenson
* The Sutras of Patanjali by Satchidananda
* Moola Bandha – The Master Key by Buddhanada
Yoga in the kashmir Tradition by Billy Doyle
The Yoga Body by Mark Singelton
ABOUT THE TEACHERS
Leon London‘s yoga story started 20 years ago, his first practice was with Billy Doyle (BWY), and it was the beginning of a lifelong passion.
Involved in martial arts from a very early age, Leon has always been intrigued by the possibilities and potential of the body, this led him on his journey to study many forms of physical culture; from boxing to Capoeira and he became a qualified sports massage therapist in 1999.
Leon has studied Kashmir Hatha, Vinyasa Flow, Ashtanga and Rocket / Progressive Ashtanga yoga & hot yoga, and practices Dharma yoga.
Leon previously owned his owned his own yoga and fitness studios ,where he taught ( and still teaches) a fusion of arts inspired by practising along some of the worlds best practitioners; this includes the unique traditional Indian club training & kettlebells, as well as functional style fitness and movement patterns. He is also an primal flow teacher, fitness and movement coach.
Maayan Shenhar is an Ashtanga Vinyasa, Yin Dharma and Rocket teacher. Her classes offer practitioners the opportunity to try challenging asanas with humor and playfulness, as well as explore yogic philosophy in a simple and practical manner.
Maayan is the Founder of Sira Yoga Studios. She has been practicing Ashtanga since the age of 17, and has studied with Dharma Mittra, Caroline Clebb, and David Swenson. Her approach to yoga is inspired by a Philosophy Degree.